Thursday, January 25, 2007

Brandname Vs. Yokel - How the salesmen serve me?

From marie claire magazine
I think this is interesting and should be spreaded to everyone in the society.
Credit : http://www.pantip.com/cafe/lumpini/topic/L5036144/L5036144.html
I will translate this story into English language here and now.

Four ways to prove reactions
1 Visiting brand name shop.
2 Testing cosmetics at the counter.
3 Making a credit card.
4 Visiting BMW showroom.

Marie Claire team sended one girl ( I guess she is an actress) to do 4 things, proving reactions from the salesmen. This project was consisted of two days, one dressing and makeup like a yokel and another dressing and makeup like a rich person.

First day : A yokel in the city
Begin testing with a costume shop in price below than 199 baht.
" I dress myself with a big T-shirt, covered by a square shirt and dress a black long pant, wearing a slipper ( I do not wear it for 5 years already) Not use a perfume, not makeup and not shampoo the hair. After dressing, I go to meet my mom and she says ' Nothing looks bad than this O.K. you can go now '
Before I get into the shop, I can feel something strange. The salesman looks sharply at me and notices me from head to toes and from toes to head. I do not want to believe that my costume makes me feel low-classed like this. Although I feel numb but I encourage myself, considering to get into the shop. When I am in the shop I definitely vow that the salesman thinks I will steal the item. I do not want to feel bad anymore, so I consider buying 1 shirt but surprisingly she looks kind than before.

Visiting brand name shop, someone has an averse attitude with me.
" Testing with the shop in price below than 199 baht can make me feel bad, I do not want to think if I get into a brand name shop, how the salesmen serve me? Soon, I get into the brand name shop in price start with 10,000 baht. The salesman slowly greets me and looks like she does not want to serve me but I do not mind, so I walk with affected grace, discovering the items in this shop. I hold one shoe and I see a salesman leader tries to tell her subordinate to keep an eye on me. As I stare at her, she is paying no attention with me but her subordinate follows me everywhere and it is not possible to flee from her evil eyesight. As one golden shoe striking the eyes, 15,800 baht, I enjoy seeing it and feel thirsty, so I eat the pineapple which bought from outside but it is too big, so I cut it and send it into my mouth. As I chew it, it fouls my mouth, so I raise my shirt to wipe my mouth. After that I look up and see the most evil eyesight staring at me (Hmm... maybe she is angry because I do not apportion the pineapple) I walk away her but another salesman near me looks like to disgust all out. I walk out from the shop and smell my shirt, it is not smell bad, so I have a simple summary that if you looks unclean even your cloth is smell good but the others will also disgust you".
Testing cosmetics at the counter, I-am-very-small.
" The salesman does not pay attention in me, I look the items for a long time but she cannot see me, looks like I can invisible when I stand in front of her. I ask her with my loud voice " Madam is this a nail polish? " Yes is she short answer. She stares sharply at me like she hates me since the former world. " That bottle is 750 baht ". She looks me by her outer canthi of the eye and does not interested in me. That minute I feel very angry and my body begins tremble. Since I was born no one cruel to me like this before. So, I walk tired away from the counter and go to next target".

Making a credit card, I am discredited!
" I rest for a while and then I go to the bank. One officer use his eyes scan my cloth and he speak kindly with me " For the simple card you MUST HAVE a salary more than 15,000 baht " So, I ask him bravely " How about platinum card? " He smiles insultingly at me and answers me " You MUST HAVE a salary more than 250,000 baht" So, I ask him for the details to make the card. I guess he thinks I will never be his customer so sure. At another bank, the officer prohibits me to get in. She ask me " What do you want to do?" I answer her " Just making a credit card" She is not smile at me and tell me " Wait for a minute" But her wait for a minute is like wait for an hour. I still doubt why the lady who looks like a millionaire arrive after me can no wait but for me she tells me " If you want some more information please use that telephone dials to the call center"

Visiting BMW showroom, I do not want to believe he takes care of me very good.
" In the showroom have many businessmen. When I get in, some salesmen look at me but no one walk to me, so I walk to the expensive looking car and one salesman walk to me and say " Can I help you? " His respect makes me surprise. He has no insult with me like I met all the day. I talk with him " Er...This car looks pretty good" He smile and tells me " This model is called the 750 Li. Do you want to try and sit inside? ". I never thought that he would open up the car door of a 17 million baht, brand new and shiny car for me to try out so easily.

Next day I will translate next week see ya!

No comments: